Sunday 24 February 2013

"The 85th Annual Academy Awards"

I don't just enjoy the movies, I absolutely love the movies, and for anyone like me, and yes there are others, there can be no bigger event in the year than the Academy Awards - The Oscars.

So here we are on Sunday 24th February 2013, just hours away from the 85th Show, and for me it looks set to be one of the best shows EVER. The results may not be the best, especially if "Argo" wins Best Picture (I Know I keep going on about it), but the show itself will be phenomenal.

For a start we get to see the cast of "Les Miserables" performing on stage. Then performing her Academy Award nominated song, for the first time live, will be Adele, singing "Skyfall". There is a special tribute to celebrate the 50th anniversary of James Bond 007, this will include seeing Dame Shirley Bassey performing, and to top all that, coming back to the Oscar stage, for the first time in almost 40 years is the one and only Barbra Streisand.

So with all that and more, it is easy to see why this will be Oscar at its very best........

My Winners list will be posted shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment