Thursday 6 September 2018

RIP Burt Reynolds


 
I was very saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Burt Reynolds earlier today. I have been a fan for many years. I have fond memories especially of a Saturday evening, when as a family, in the early 1980's we would rent a video cassette, and I remember the likes of "Smokey & The Bandit" and "Sharkey's Machine".
 
I have always admired him, as for me he personifies a real fighter. He has had a lot to contend with throughout his life, some of which was by his own hand, but he has always battled on regardless.
 
I know it wasn't his favourite film, far from it, but I just love watching "The Cannonball Run" and its sequel. Any film fan must get a real kick from watching these two great movies.
 
A more serious Reynolds can be seen in great movies like the classic "Deliverance" and his Oscar nominated role in "Boogie Nights".
I saw an interview he gave with Piers Morgan for "Life Stories"...it was insightful and at times very moving.
 
I for one was over the moon when I heard that he had been cast in the latest film from Writer / Director Quentin Tarantino. It is such a crying shame that he did not get the chance to shoot any scenes for what would have been another great and memorable performance.
 
A couple of months ago I started to read "But Enough About Me". I do enjoy reading autobiographies, especially ones about the movie business. I can honestly this has to be one of the very best, and I can think of no better way to praise him, and his life, than to recommend reading this phenomenal book. Trust me, you will not be able to put it down.
 
Thanks for the ride Burt.......rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment